5-ingredient Pork Marinade Recipe is honestly one of the best marinades for grilled pork kabobs you’ll ever try! It makes the meat incredibly juicy and flavorful and the best part is it’s made with just 5 ingredients!
Impress your guests at your next barbecue or treat your family any night of the week with this simple grilled pork recipe.
I tell you, I take advantage of this delicious marinade for grilled pork kabobs all summer long!
It gets the pork extra juicy, and tender, and the flavor gets penetrated deep down into the meat for an explosion of taste in every bite. Anytime I make Pork Shish Kabobs, my friends and family always ask me for the recipe. It’s always a hit!
When YOU make this Easy Pork Marinade Recipe please tag my name @munchkintimeblog and hashtag #munchkinrecipes on Instagram, we would LOVE to see your creation.
What’s in the Best Marinade for Pork?
This is a great excuse to always make a batch of sangria throughout grilling season!
- Pork – Carnita pork cut into 1-inch pieces. Trim the fat for an even more tender bite.
- Onion slices – An aromatic that adds a ton of flavor to the meat as well as the marinade.
- Salt & pepper– A simple seasoning to taste.
- Red Sangria wine – Sangria is a fruity alcoholic drink that can include red wine or white wine. It can be made in many different ways, but the goal is to make it flavorful. Most people add fresh fruit to their sangria and let it sit and infuse the flavors.
How to Grill Pork
Step 1: Set the meat up to marinate overnight or at least 4 hours in the fridge. Place the pieces of pork in a large bowl with the sliced onion. Season with salt and pepper and toss everything together to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge.
Step 3: I love using a charcoal grill for this as I always think it adds the best flavor and gives the best char marks. Light the charcoal and allow them to heat until the coal turns white. If using a grill, preheat the grill to medium/high heat.
Step 5: Place pork kabobs onto the grill and cook until meat is no longer pink on the inside.
Step 6: Remove them from the grill and allow them to rest so the juices have a chance to redistribute and settle.
How Long to Grill Pork Shish Kabobs?
Grill pork shish kabobs for about about 10-15 minutes turning few times, or until the meat is no longer pink on the inside, or until the temperature on the inside of the meat is reaching 155-160F.
Tips for Grilling Pork
- If you’re serving kids, make sure the skewers are no longer hot to the touch. Better yet, remove them from the skewer altogether.
- Make sure to clean your grill properly before you use it. It’s also easier to clean it afterward while it’s still hot. That way it’s ready to go for next time.
- Oil up your grill with a bit of olive oil once the grill is hot. This will help them not stick!
- Discard the marinade once you remove the pork from the bowl. It’s contaminated with raw meat, so you want to get rid of it.
- Kick it up a notch with some heat. Throw in some red pepper flakes into your marinade for a nice sweet and spicy combination of flavors.
What if I Don’t Have Sangria Wine?
You can substitute with any red wine and a bit of white or brown sugar.
Can I Make the Marinade Ahead of Time?
Since there isn’t much to prepare in this recipe, I recommend you just use it when you’re ready to start following the recipe directions.
The salt, pepper, and onions can sit overnight and the Sangria gets added an hour before.
Best Pork Cut for Shashlik?
I love to use carnitas pork cut (I buy it at Winco) as I find it is tender, juicy, and flavorful. Pork is lean meat, to begin with, so using the most flavorful meat is the goal. This is especially true for making shish kabobs.
If you don’t need to use the skewers and would like to grill whole pieces of pork, feel free to use this marinade on pork chops and pork tenderloin.
What to Serve with Grilled Pork?
Enjoy your super juicy pork kabobs and let me know in the comments how much you loved it!
More Side-dish Ideas:
The Best Grilled Pork Kabobs Marinade Recipe
- 2.5 lb Pork Carnita cut (I buy it at Winco) cut into 1in pieces, fat removed
- 1 large onion sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups red wine Sangria
- Place pork pieces into a bowl, add sliced onion. Season with salt and pepper, mix until everything is combined. Cover with plastic wrap or a lid and refrigerate over the night or for at least 4 hours.
- 1 hour before grilling, pour up to 2 cups of Sangria wine to cover the meat, marinate for 1 hour.
- Using charcoal for grilling, get them ready for grilling by lighting up and let them burn until they turn white. If using a grill preheat to medium/high heat. Brush grill with oil so meat doesn't stick. Grill pork kabobs until meat is no longer pink inside. Serve with homemade Easy Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes or Homemade Mac & Cheese.
Q. – Do YOU like this Delicious Grilled Pork Marinade Recipe?
Let me know in the comments below, I would love to hear from you!
Thank YOU for YOUR Comment, Share & Recipe Review!
Quote of the Day
Have a productive day, beautiful!
This post was updated on May 7, 2022. THE RECIPE IS STILL THE SAME DELICIOUS!