Best Deviled Eggs – Classic deviled eggs are taken up a notch with the addition of cooked mushrooms, a creamy and savory filling, and bacon on top! They’re a real crowd pleaser and make a great healthy snack.
A platter of the very Best Deviled Eggs will fit in at any party!
These hard boiled eggs are filled with a savory mushroom, mayonnaise, onion, and egg yolk filling. A little crumbled bacon on top is the perfect finishing touch! I won’t be surprised when they’re all snatched up immediately at your next party.
When YOU make Easy Deviled Eggs Recipe, PLEASE tag @munchkintimeblog on Instagram, we would LOVE to see your creation! Thank you!
This is an ultimate time-saving brunch, lunch, or healthy snack recipe. The eggs and filling can both be made days ahead of time and stored in the fridge until you’re ready to party. Plus, the process is a breeze when made in the Instant Pot!
These deviled eggs without mustard are a little more savory than my Pinkalicious Deviled Eggs and would be the perfect addition to the brunch table or for your Easter celebration.
Ingredients needed for deviled eggs
The best deviled eggs need only a handful of ingredients to pump up the flavor. They’re full of texture, savory vegetables, and a creamy mayo and egg yolk filling. This is everything you need:
- Onion and garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Crumbled bacon
How to make the best deviled eggs with bacon
Step 1 – Cook the eggs in the Instant Pot (this is the one I have!). When they’re done, place in iced water, peel, rinse, and slice each one in half. Spoon out the egg yolks and transfer them into a bowl.
Step 2 – While eggs are cooking using a skillet, cook the mushrooms, onions, and garlic with the butter.
Step 3 – Mix the cooked mushroom, onion, and garlic mixture into the bowl with the egg yolks. Stir in the mayonnaise, salt, and pepper to finish the filling.
Step 4 – Spoon some of the filling into each egg white half, garnish with the cooked and crumbled bacon, and enjoy!
Can I make this recipe without an Instant Pot?
Of course! All you have to do is bring a pot of water to a boil. Add in the eggs and immediately turn the heat down low. Let them simmer for 12 to 14 minutes.
When they’re done, transfer them to a bowl of ice water to stop them from cooking. You can peel the shell and slice them in half once they’re cool.
The mushrooms, onion, and garlic can easily be sauteed in a skillet on the stovetop. Combine them with the mayonnaise, salt, and pepper to finish, then assemble the deviled eggs with bacon.
Tips and variations
- Play with the flavors! A few drops of Worcestershire sauce and mustard can really liven up the filling.
- Lighten up! Replace the mayonnaise with Greek yogurt or mashed avocado if you prefer the filling to be less heavy.
- For a fancy presentation, pipe the filling into the egg whites using a pastry bag with a large star tip.
- Add more garnishes, like smoked paprika, parsley, dill, or chives on top.
Can these be made ahead of time?
Yes! Cook and slice the hard boiled eggs and make the filling up to 2 days ahead of time. Keep both in separate airtight containers in the fridge so they can stay fresh. When it’s time to serve, give the filling a quick stir and then assemble.
More healthy snack recipes
Serve this easy deviled eggs recipe with all kinds of healthy snacks, like:
Best Deviled Eggs
- 6 eggs boiled, peeled and cut in half
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup mushrooms finely chopped
- 1/4 cup onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 slices bacon baked at 400 for 10 min, crumbled
- Cook eggs inside Instant Pot for 5 minutes on "Egg Mode" setting, then quick release the pressure. When they’re done, place in iced water, peel, rinse, and slice each one in half. Spoon out the egg yolks and transfer them into a bowl.
- Using a skillet or Instant Pot, on saute mode, melt butter and add mushrooms with onions, saute until golden color, stirring few times, about 5-7 minutes. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add saute mushroom with onion to the bowl with egg yolks. Into the same bowl add mayo, salt and pepper. Mix until everything is combined and stuff egg whites with this filling.
- Place filling eggs on the serving egg tray or a regular plate. Garnish with cooked bacon pieces. Enjoy!
Thank YOU for YOUR Comment, Share & Recipe Review!
Quote Of The Day