Chicken Meatball Soup Recipe with Rice – learn how to make meatball soup using delicious spices and yummy veggies. Super rich and flavorful meatball soup, perfect comfort food recipe.
When YOU make this Meatball Soup, take a picture & DM me your Food Creation on Instagram @MunchkinTimeBlog & tag #munchkintimeblog in your post, I will feature it here under this recipe!
Meatball Soup Notes
- If needed, substitute ground chicken with ground turkey, both taste great!
- Use your favorite poultry spices if desired.
- Feel free to use 1 cup of rice instead of 1/2 cup of rice & 1/2 cup of oatmeal.
- Wet your hands in water before forming meatballs, for less sticky meatballs.
How to Make Meatball Soup:
How to Make Chicken Meatballs:
Simmer for 15-20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Finally, garnish with fresh parsley. Serve with Homemade Bread. Enjoy!
How to Store Chicken Soup:
Now, cover chicken soup with a lid after it cools down & store inside the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat a desired amount in a small sauce pan until gentle boil.
More Easy Chicken Recipes:
Chicken Meatball Soup Recipe
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 medium carrot grated
- 1 celery stick chopped
- 1 lb ground chicken or turkey
- 1 teaspoon Meat Seasoning or your favorite poultry spice
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 10-12 cups chicken broth homemade
- 1-2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash Seasoning Original or your favorite soup spice
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 4-5 medium potato cubed
- 1/2 cup rice rinsed
- 1/2 cup oatmeal Old Fashioned
- parsley for garnish
- Using a dutch oven or soup pot, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and add 1 finely chopped garlic clove. Saute over medium heat for 1 minute, stir few times.
- Next, add onion and saute for 7 minutes, stirring few times. Then, add 1 chopped celery stick, 1 grated carrot and continue sautéing for 5 more minutes, stirring few times.
- While veggies are cooking, in a big bowl add ground chicken or turkey and season with 1 teaspoon of Meat Seasoning, salt and pepper to taste. Add 1 egg and give it a good mix using hands. Take 1 tablespoon of meatball mixture and using both hands form meatballs and place them on cutting board lined with parchment paper.
- Next, pour 10-12 cups of chicken broth into the pot with saute veggies. Season with Mrs. Dash Seasoning Original spice & 1 teaspoon of turmeric, bring it to a boil.
- Add cubed potatoes, 1/2 cup of rice, 1/2 cup of oatmeal & meatballs, bring it to a gentle boil then reduce heat to medium/low heat. Simmer for 15-20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with fresh parsley. Serve with Homemade Bread. Enjoy!
Q. Do YOU like this Chicken Meatball Soup Recipe?
Let me know in the comments below, I would love to hear from you!
Thank YOU for YOUR Comment, Share & Recipe Review!
Quote of the Day
Have a wonderful day!
This recipe was updated on May 22, 2020 with new images and extra yummy ingredients.