Instant Pot Beef and Barley Soup Recipe is one of my favorite ways to cook barley soup.
It is so much quicker to cook beef and barley soup in Instant Pot. The meat turns out super tender and barley cooks perfect in this pot.
Using parsnip instead of potato gives this soup extra good nutrients that is found in parsnip like EXTRA Fiber, Iron, Vitamin c and B-6 and Magnesium.
Have you tried cooking with parsnip? What is your favorite way to cook this root? Mine is in the soups like this easy barley soup.
Anyways, this is one delicious comforting soup recipe to make in the fall and winter season. You will love this one!
Also, feel free to add bell peppers, celery or pickles. They all taste good in beef barley soup, specially pickles.
Want more Easy Recipes Updates come over & follow Munchkin Time on social media, where she shares Recipe Updates & more:
See YOU there!!!
Here is what YOU will need to make Instant Pot Beef and Barley Soup Recipe:
- 2 tablespoons of oil like avocado oil
- lean beef meat cut into small pieces – about 2 cups
- 8 oz. mushrooms
- 1 onion
- about 1 1/2 teaspoon Montreal spice
- 1 carrot
- 1 parsnip
- 3 garlic cloves
- 6 cups homemade bone broth
- 1 cup barley
- salt & pepper to taste
- greens, for garnish
Prepare all ingredients before you start cooking, it makes cooking very enjoyable!
How to Make Barley Soup in Instant Pot?
To make Barley Soup in Instant Pot, first turn on your pot on a saute mode. Then heat 2 tablespoons of oil, add beef and saute for 10 minutes or until browned, stirring few times.
Do YOU like this Instant Pot Mushroom Barley Soup?
Please let me know in the comments below, I would love to hear your review.
—>Click Here for Easy Soup Recipes<—–
Instant Pot Beef and Barley Soup Recipe
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or oil of your choice
- 12 oz lean beef stew meat about 2 cups, cut into bite size pieces
- 8 oz baby bella or cremini mushrooms sliced
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Montreal spice by McCormick
- 1 carrot peeled & finely chopped
- 1 parsnip finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 6 cups bone broth
- 1 cup barley
- salt & pepper to taste
- chopped greens like parsley, green onion or dill
- Turn Instant Pot on Saute mode. Pour 2 tablespoons of oil into the pot, when it gets hot add meat. Brown meat stirring few times, for about 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, add onion, mushrooms and 1 1/2 teaspoon of Montreal spice. Stir and saute for another 10 minutes, or until onion turns soft.
- Now, add chopped carrot, parsnip, garlic, broth and barley. Cover Instant Pot with a lid, and press on soup/broth mode for 25 minutes.
- Carefully Quick Release the pressure and open the lid. Season with salt and pepper to taste, garnish with chopped parsley.
- Serve with homemade bread. Enjoy!
If YOU make this Pressure Cooker Beef Barley Soup would you take a picture and share it on Instagram by tagging @munchkintimeblog I would LOVE to see your creation ???? Thank you!
Thank YOU for YOUR Comment, Share & Recipe Review!
Quote of the Day
Have a great day!
Made this recipe tonight and it was delicious. Shared it with my mom. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you Sara for a wonderful recipe review!!!
Pingback: 20 Cozy Instant Pot Recipes | greens & chocolate
Pingback: Stew Meat Recipes | Instant Pot Resources
So much comfort in one big bowl of soup, and the use of parsnip and barley makes for such a nice change!
I love making comfort food in my IP and this recipe looks absolutely amazing – Thanks!
I made your recipe for a gathering the other day and everyone kept asking for the recipe. It was totally a hit!
I am SO excited for soup season I can’t even stand it! Definitely adding this recipe to my list!
We love this soup recipe! Perfect for the cool days of fall coming soon.
This may just be my new favorite Instant Pot recipe!!! So perfect for the cooler months too!
Love how easy this was to make in the IP and the step by step photos! Looking forward to making it again this fall!
Love how quick and easy it is to make this in an Instant Pot! Will be making this more in winter…but, is perfect on a rainy day too!
Thank you, Marjory! You will like this one in Instant Pot 🙂