Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe is creamy, flavorful, and a super simple crockpot recipe that is a must-try for easy entertaining! With just 8 simple ingredients this cheesy, briny, and delicious dip is perfect for game day parties, potlucks, and more!
This hot dip recipe is one of my favorites! It’s made with simple ingredients like fresh spinach, 2 kinds of cheese, briny artichoke hearts, jalapeno, and garlic for a kick!
Spinach artichoke dip is a true dump-and-set recipe made in the slow cooker so even when it’s done you can keep it warm until you’re ready to eat. Which also makes clean up a breeze!
It also makes the perfect appetizer or after-school snack idea to get your kids eating more raw veggies. This ultra-creamy rich homemade dip is totally addicting, so they’ll be asking for more veggies, trust me!
Ingredients Needed for Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Cream cheese: I prefer to use a block rather than the kind that comes in a container. The easily spreadable cream cheese contains more water which in the end will make the dip runnier.
- Sour cream: This is a spinach and artichoke dip recipe no mayo included kind of recipe! So, we’re using sour cream instead which is lighter, tangier, and just as creamy.
- Butter: You can use salted or unsalted, it’s up to you. We’re not adding any extra salt, however, the Parmesan cheese and artichoke hearts do have salty flavors.
- Fresh spinach: Once you’ve washed your spinach, make sure to dry it as best as you can so you’re not adding any extra water into the slow cooker.
- Artichoke hearts: These add the tangy briny flavor we all love which helps to cut the heaviness of the cream.
- Fresh jalapeno: For a little spicy kick! If you like yours without spice you can omit this, or if you like it very mild, just be sure you don’t get any seeds in there.
- Grated Parmesan cheese: I recommend freshly grated from a block because it melts nicely and has a better flavor.
- Minced garlic: Rounds out the flavors of this spinach artichoke dip nicely!
When YOU make Crock Pot Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe would you take a picture and share it on Instagram by tagging @munchkinrecipes I would LOVE to see your creation!
How to Make Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe
Grab your ingredients then let the crockpot take over!
Step 1: Place all of your ingredients into the slow cooker.
Step 3: Cover with the lid and cook on high for 2 hours.
Spinach Dip Cooking Tips
- Double this recipe for a crowd. As it stands, it serves around 6 people, so make more if you need it.
- Add a few drops of hot sauce in there instead of the jalapeno if you prefer.
- Keep warm until you’re ready to serve it. Give it a stir just before as it may have firmed up a bit on top.
- Swap fresh spinach with frozen spinach if that’s what you have. Just make sure to thaw and drain it completely. Squeeze out any excess water.
What to Serve with Crockpot Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Toasted bread
- Tortilla chips
- Naan bread
- Pita chips
Can I Make Spinach Dip Ahead of Time?
Absolutely! A couple of days before, no more than 48 hours, make the dip then once it has cooled place it in the fridge in an airtight container. When you’re ready to serve, throw it back into the crockpot to warm through.
How to Store Leftovers?
Keep any leftover dip (that your kids haven’t double-dipped in!) in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reuse it as a quick snack the next day. I dare you not to sneak to the fridge just to eat it with a spoon!
How to Reheat it Spinach Dip?
If you’re reheating a big batch, I would suggest reheating in the crockpot or even on the stovetop on low. If it’s just a single serving, feel free to pop it in the microwave for 20-second increments.
More Easy Recipes:
Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Crock pot or slow cooker
- Place cream cheese, sour cream, butter, spinach, artichoke hearts, jalapeno, Parmesan cheese and garlic into the crock pot.
- Grab a wooden spoon and give it a nice stir.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours.
- Stir with a spoon, transfer to a dip dish and serve with toasted bread or tortilla chips. Enjoy!
Q. – Did YOU like this Artichoke Dip Recipe?
Let me know in the comments below, I would love to hear from you!
Thank YOU for YOUR Comment, Share & Recipe Review!
Quote of the Day
Have a wonderful day!