This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Albertsons. All opinions are 100% mine.
Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon with Shrimp – Top this tender steak with garlic butter shrimp for a showstopping meal on date night. This recipe is easy to prepare year-round on the grill or in the oven.
Celebrate Valentine’s Day by shopping at Albertsons. However you are planning to celebrate this year, they’ve got you covered. Find everything you need from beautiful flowers and chocolate covered strawberries to fresh meat, seafood and produce offerings to create a delicious, romantic meal for the ones you love.
Find the highest quality Valentine’s Day essentials in Boise area exclusively at Albertsons stores.
Skip the steakhouse and easily prepare this date night recipe at home. The bacon wrapped filet mignon topped with garlic butter shrimp is a real treat for anyone’s palate. Bite into this succulent beef and shrimp recipe on Valentine’s Day or when you’re feeling fancy.
It’s no surprise that bacon makes any meal better. Wrapped around the edges of a steak, the bacon will crisp up in the oven or on the grill and add amazing flavors to each bite. As if this elegant dinner recipe couldn’t get any better, we’re topping the steak with perfectly seasoned garlic shrimp!
Serve this meal to your special someone with a fresh asparagus and potatoes on the side.
Albertsons also offers Grocery Delivery and DriveUp & Go™ for convenient ways to shop!
- Albertsons has everything you need to make a delicious Valentine’s Day meal from beautiful flowers and baked treats to fresh meat, seafood and produce offerings.
- Want to prepare a delicious steak for Valentine’s Day but unsure of the cut you want? Ask your butcher for help! Butchers at Albertsons are happy to custom cut your order and offer preparation tips.
- Albertsons has fresh chocolate covered strawberries and beautiful flowers perfect to give to your loved one this Valentine’s Day.
I shopped at Albertsons in my local area, but you can also find quality Valentine’s Day meal essentials at the Albertsons Companies family of stores, including Safeway, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Randalls, Shaw’s Supermarket, Star Market, Tom Thumb and Vons.
What is filet mignon?
This melt-in-your-mouth piece of beef is elegant, tender, and easy to make at home. Filet mignon is cut from the cow’s tenderloin. It’s a small piece that isn’t exercised as the cow grows up, which keeps it very tender and lean.
Filet mignon is on the pricey side because it’s so limited within each cow. Thankfully, it’s easy to prepare at home and can be cooked in a variety of ways. Cook it on the grill, sous vide, in the oven, or seared and then finished in the oven.
Ingredients you need to make filet mignon with garlic shrimp
Perfectly seasoned steak next to buttery shrimp is surprisingly easy to make at home. All you need are a few simple ingredients to season the meat and infuse great flavors:
- Filet mignon
- Montreal Steak Spice
- Wild caught raw shrimp
- Cayenne pepper
- White wine
- Fresh parsley
- Lemon juice
How to make bacon wrapped filet mignon with shrimp
Step 1 – Season each filet mignon and wrap a piece of bacon around the edge. Use toothpicks to keep it secure.
Step 2a – To grill filet mignon, sear the steak on both sides on a hot grill until it’s done to your liking, about 8 minutes per side for medium rare.
Step 2b – To make filet mignon in the oven, place it in a cast iron skillet or oven-safe pan and broil. Flip it halfway through, then continue to cook until it’s done to your liking, about 8 minutes per side for medium rare.
Step 3 – Make the garlic shrimp while the steak is cooking. Saute the seasoned shrimp in a skillet before adding a splash of white wine. Continue to saute for another 1 or 2 minutes or until the shrimp is cooked through.
Step 4 – Mix in parsley with the shrimp before plating it with the finished filet mignon.
How to tell when the filet mignon is cooked
Whether you like your filet mignon rare, medium rare, or medium, a meat thermometer is the best tool to ensure your steak done to your liking. Insert the thermometer into the middle of the filet about halfway through the cooking time to see where it’s at. This temperature guide will tell you where your steak is at while it cooks:
- Rare: 125 – 130ºF
- Medium rare: 130 – 140ºF
- Medium: 140 to 150ºF
The beef will continue to cook slightly as it rests off the heat, so be sure to take it off the grill or skillet when it’s about 5 degrees short of your desired doneness.
Tips and substitutions
- Don’t slice into the filet mignon right away. This will spill the juices and you’ll lose vital flavors! Instead, let it rest on a cutting board for 5 or 10 minutes after taking it off the heat.
- If you aren’t a fan of pork bacon, you can replace it with turkey bacon.
- To add more moisture to this dish, top the filet mignon with garlic butter, compound butter, or chimichurri before adding the shrimp.
- Don’t forget to take the toothpicks out of the steak and bacon before serving!
- Steak and shrimp is delicious next to roasted potatoes, Caesar salad, and asparagus.
- Did you end up with leftover bacon? Take your side dishes up a notch with a batch of my bacon wrapped asparagus.
More beef recipes to try
Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon with Shrimp
Grilling Filet Mignon
- 4 8oz filet mignon set in room temperature for 30 minutes
- 1-2 tablespoons Montreal Steak Spice
- 4 slices bacon more if needed
- oil for greasing grill
- 1 lb wild caught shrimp raw, peeled & deveined
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and peper to taste
- 1 tablespoon white wine a splash
- 2 tablespoons parsley finely chopped
- 4 slices lemon for serving
How to Grill Filet Mignon
- Season each filet mignon with spice and wrap bacon around it, securing with a toothpick.Grease grill with oil. Preheat to a high heat and grill steak on both sides until desired doneness, about 8-10 minutes for medium rare.
Filet Mignon in Oven
- Sprinkle meat with spice. Wrap each filet with bacon, then secure with a toothpick. Place on a cast iron skillet or broiling pan, and broil on high until desired doneness, about 8 to 10 minutes per side for medium rare.
How to Make Garlic Shrimp
- Using a skillet over medium high heat, melt butter and olive oil. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute, stirring few times. Next add shrimp, season with cayenne pepper, salt and pepper to taste, and saute for about 2-3 minutes on one side, flip on the other side and add wine, and saute for 1-2 minutes, or until shrimp is cooked thru. Remove form the heat and mix in parley.
- Serve over grilled filet mignon, asparagus, potato and lemon slices. Enjoy!
Q. Do YOU like this Valentine’s Day Recipe?
Let me know in the comments below, I would love to hear from you!
Thank YOU for YOUR Comment, Share & Recipe Review!