Honey Soy Chicken Thighs – Dressed in a sweet and savory honey soy sauce, these chicken thighs are so easy to put together and taste delicious! It’s an easy one-pan dish your whole family will love.
A little sweet and a little savory come together to make this finger-licking good Honey Soy Chicken Thighs recipe. Tender chicken is marinated and baked in a well-balanced honey sauce to create a show-stopping dish that will wow your family and guests!
Just like my 30-Minute Chicken Stir Fry and Instant Pot Chili, this recipe is easy to throw together and takes almost no time to prepare. Plus, the oven does most of the work! Serve it over rice or potatoes for an epic family-friendly meal.
When YOU make this Honey Chicken Recipe, take a picture & DM me your Food Creation on Instagram @MunchkinTimeBlog & we would love to see your creation!
There’s no searing involved in this recipe. Instead, the honey soy sauce chicken is baked in its marinade and finished with a quick broil. In the end, you’ll have juicy and tender chicken thighs that are perfectly caramelized and smothered in an out-of-this-world sauce.
Ingredients for honey soy chicken
Boneless and skinless chicken thighs are marinated in a honey soy sauce that is both sweet and savory. If you can, use raw honey in the marinade for added nutrients and natural sweetness! These are the rest of the ingredients you need:
- Boneless and skinless organic chicken thighs
- Olive oil
- Fresh ginger and garlic
- Raw honey
- Soy sauce
- Salt and pepper
Combine all of the marinade ingredients together in a large bowl before preparing the chicken.
How to bake chicken thighs
Step 1: Place the chicken in the bowl with the marinade. Let it marinate for at least 1 hour.
Step 2: Pour the chicken and marinade into a cast iron skillet or a shallow baking dish and bake until the chicken is cooked through. Flip each piece a few times to ensure all sides turn out juicy and tender.
Step 3: To finish, broil on high for 5 minutes to achieve a beautiful crust all around the outside of the chicken.
Step 4: Garnish with fresh parsley and serve with rice or mashed potatoes. Pour some extra sauce over the plated chicken and enjoy!
Recipe tips and variations
- You can use chicken breasts instead of thighs, but they will need a little less time in the oven. Chicken breasts can dry out easily, which is why I recommend using an internal thermometer to check when they’re done.
- You can also use bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs to make this recipe. They’ll take about 10 or 15 minutes longer in the oven.
- Baked chicken thighs and breasts are cooked through once they reach 165ºF.
- The chicken thighs need at least 1 hour to marinate but can be left for up to 24 hours. Keep the chicken in a bowl with the marinade in the fridge until it’s time to cook.
- If you don’t have raw honey, regular honey will work just as well.
- Craving sweeter flavors? Try my Baked Pineapple Chicken Thighs instead.
Storing and reheating leftovers
Cooked chicken thighs make delicious leftovers! Make sure to store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. To reheat, place the chicken in the microwave and cook on high for a few minutes.
Alternatively, bake the leftovers in a 350ºF oven for 5 to 10 minutes or until warmed through.
What to serve with honey soy chicken
The Asian-inspired flavors in this sweet and savory chicken go so well with a variety of side dishes, like:
More chicken recipes to try for dinner
These chicken thigh recipes are juicy, tender, and easy to prepare when you’re craving something delicious for dinner:
- Chicken Thighs and Rice Casserole
- Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs
- BBQ Baked Chicken Thighs
- Greek Chicken Shish Kabobs
- Chicken Thigh Mushroom Casserole
Best Honey Soy Chicken Thighs Recipe
- In a mixing bowl combine olive oil, ginger, honey, soy sauce, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Rinse and trim off all of the fat from the chicken, then place it in the bowl with the marinade. Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Marinade chicken for at least 1 hour. Place chicken thighs and marinade in cast iron or baking dish and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked thru, make sure to flip the chicken few times, that way the chicken will be juicy & tender without dry top. After flip the chicken on the other side and broil on high for 5 minutes or until beautiful roasted color.Garnish with chopped parsley, serve with rice or mashed potato, and make sure to pour the sauce over the chicken when serving.
Q. DO YOU like this Easy Chicken Recipe?
Let me know in the comments below, I would love to hear from you!
Thank YOU for YOUR Comment, Share & Recipe Review!
Quote Of The Day
Have an awesome day!