Quick Potato Leek Bacon Soup in Instant Pot is brought to YOU by Idaho® Potatoes. Thank you!
Rich and Creamy Potato Leek Soup without dairy will pleasantly surprise you with its flavorful and rich taste. It cooks super fast in Instant Pot, perfect for busy weekdays or weekends.
My picky eaters said this is the Best Leek Potato Soup Recipe ever!
Every time I make this soup everyone asks for seconds, including me.
I cant wait for YOU to try Potato Leek and Bacon Soup, I know YOU will love it!
Also, come visit Idaho® Potatoes website, for more delicious and mouthwatering Potato Recipes.
Want more Easy Recipes Updates come over & follow Munchkin Time on social media, where she shares Recipe Updates & more:
See YOU there!!!
To make Potato Leek and Bacon Soup, first we need to prep all of the ingredients.
Lets start by cutting leeks in half and chopping them.
After you chop leeks place them in a big bowl and wash them with cold water until nice and clean.
Next, prepare the rest of the ingredients: 5 cups of Homemade Chicken Broth, 5 slices of bacon, salt, pepper & 1/2 teaspoon thyme.
Peel and dice about 5 potatoes and chop fresh parsley for garnish.
Next, slice 5 slices of bacon into tiny pieces. Place bacon into the Instant Pot and turn it on saute mode.
Cook bacon for 10 minutes or until crispy color, stirring few times.
Transfer bacon to a plate lined with paper towel, leave 2 tablespoons of bacon grease inside the Instant Pot.
Now, add chopped leeks, cook for 5 minutes, stirring few times.
After 5 minutes, add diced potatoes and pour in 5 cups of Chicken Broth.
Also, into the same pot add salt and pepper to taste and 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme.
Cover the lid and cook 10 minutes on a Soup/Broth mode. Make sure the steam release handle is in the ‘Sealing’ position.
Carefully, quick release the pressure by turning the steam release handle into venting position.
I like to use a clean spoon or a towel for turning the steam handle, so I don’t burn my fingers by HOT steam.
Open the lid and serve Potato Leek Soup with bacon and fresh parsley. Enjoy!
More Must Try Recipes using Idaho® Potatoes:
Quick Potato Leek Bacon Soup in Instant Pot
- Instant pot
- 4-5 slices bacon sliced
- 3 medium leeks cut in half, chopped & washed
- 5 cups homemade chicken or bone broth
- 5 medium Idaho® potatoes peeled & diced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- fresh parsley for garnish finely chopped
- Turn Instant Pot on a saute mode. Add sliced bacon and cook until crispy texture, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Remove bacon grease, leaving 2 tablespoon inside the instant pot.
- Now, add chopped and washed leeks and saute for 5 minutes, stirring few times.
- After, add chopped potato, 5 cups of chicken broth, 1/2 teaspoon thyme, salt and pepper to taste. Stir.
- Cover the lid and cook on broth/soup mode for 10 minutes. After timer goes off, quick release the pressure.
- Serve Potato Leek Soup with crispy bacon and fresh chopped parsley. Enjoy!
Q. Do YOU like this D?
Please let me know in the comments below I would love to hear from you!
Thank YOU for YOUR Comment, Share & Recipe Review!
Quote of the Day
Have a wonderful day!