Healthy Zucchini Pancakes Recipe – These savory 5-ingredient zucchini pancakes are full of nutrients and easy to make. Try them for both brunch and dinner!
My Healthy Zucchini Pancakes Recipe is made with only 5 ingredients so you can whip them up fast! Perfect for both brunch and dinner, keep this recipe in your back pocket when you end up with too much zucchini from the garden this summer.
Zucchini pancakes (A.K.A. zucchini fritters) are vegetarian pan-fried patties made from freshly grated zucchini, eggs, flour, and savory spices. After a few minutes in a skillet, the pancakes are ready to be enjoyed with a little sour cream and dill on top and with a Green Salad or Potato Hash on the side.
This vegetarian recipe takes minutes to throw together and can easily be transformed to fit any diet or taste bud. Whether you swap the ingredients to make it vegan, gluten free, or even more savory, the pancakes will still be delicious!
Is zucchini good for you?
This summer vegetable is packed with tons of good stuff! According to Healthline, cooked zucchini is a great source of vitamin A and C, potassium, and magnesium. The zucchini flesh and skin are also rich in antioxidants, which can benefit your vision, heart, and may help to avoid certain types of cancer.
How to make easy zucchini pancakes
Step 1: Whisk the eggs in a bowl before mixing in the garlic and parsley. Afterward, fold in the grated and drained zucchini.
Step 2: Mix the flour, salt, and pepper into the batter.
Step 3: Heat a skillet over medium heat with a little oil in the pan. Once it’s hot, spoon in 1 tablespoon of the zucchini fritter batter. Cook on both sides until golden brown.
Step 4: Serve each fritter with a little sour cream, greens, and your favorite sides. Enjoy!
Tips and substitutions
- Removing the moisture from the zucchini will help the pancakes stick together. To do so, either place the shredded zucchini in a colander in the sink and sprinkle some salt over top. The salt will draw out the moisture as it sits. After 10 minutes, place the zucchini in a clean kitchen towel, wrap it up, and squeeze out the moisture using your hands.
- To make gluten free zucchini pancakes, replace the flour with almond flour or a 1:1 gluten free flour blend.
- To make vegan zucchini pancakes, replace the eggs with three flax eggs. To make one flax egg, mix one tablespoon of ground flaxseed with three tablespoons of water. Allow the mixture to sit for a few minutes before pouring it into a bowl with the zucchini, herbs and spices, and flour.
Want to make them even more savory? Add a ¼ cup of parmesan cheese, one or two shallots, or chives to the batter.
Storing and reheating
To store, wrap the leftover pancakes in plastic or store them in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 or 3 days.
To reheat, place one or two pancakes in a skillet over medium heat and heat until warmed through.
What to serve with zucchini pancakes
- Sour cream
- Marinara sauce
- Hamburger buns and your favorite burger toppings
- Green salad
- Berry smoothies
- Sweet potato wedges
More vegetarian recipes
Healthy Zucchini Pancakes Recipe
- In a mixing bowl whisk eggs then add garlic and parsley and whisk again.
- Add grated zucchini and give it a mix. Add flour, salt and pepper to taste. Mix.
- In a skillet on medium heat add 1-2 tablespoon of avocado oil, when oil gets hot place 1 tablespoon full of zucchini batter. Cook both sides on low for about 3 - 4 minutes or until it turns golden color. Place zucchini pancakes on paper towels to remove extra oil.
- Serve with sour cream and garnish with left over greens. Enjoy!
Did YOU liked this Easy Zucchini Recipe?
Let me know in the comments below, I would love to hear from you!
Thank YOU for YOUR Comment, Share & Recipe Review!
Quote of the Day
Have a wonderful day!
This recipe was updated with new images May 2021.