Keto Waffle Recipe – My 5-ingredient keto waffles are fluffy, savory, and delicious! Made with almond flour, cheese, and eggs, these cheesy chaffles are delicious with all of the keto-friendly toppings you can think of.
My Keto Waffle Recipe is a savory treat that’s crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. Made with keto, low-carb, and gluten free ingredients, these waffles with a green smoothie on the side make for a delicious meal to start your day off right. They can even be made ahead of time for meal prep!
The 5-ingredient waffle batter isn’t made with traditional ingredients. Instead of sugar, syrup, and flour, these cheesy keto waffles (also known as “chaffles”) are made mostly with eggs, cheese, and almond flour. The end result is an untraditional, yet delicious and savory waffle that has a slight crunch with each bite.
Just like every day breakfast waffles, this recipe can be loaded with all of the keto-friendly toppings you can think of. Because this recipe is savory and not sweet, swap the maple syrup for melted butter and top each chaffle with avocado, bacon, ham, eggs, or anything else you can think of!
What are keto waffles?
Keto waffles made with cheese are also known as “chaffles”. The ingredients list isn’t as extensive as traditional waffles and they taste much more savory than sweet. After cooking for a few minutes in a waffle maker, the almond flour and cheese help the chaffles turn out crispy on the outside while the eggs create a soft and fluffy texture on the inside.
Keto cheese waffle ingredients
Keto waffles with almond flour and cheese are exceptionally delicious. You only need a few extra ingredients to help the waffles rise and turn out extra fluffy. This is what you need:
- Almond flour
- Mozzarella cheese
- Baking powder
- Garlic powder + salt
How to make keto waffles
Step 1: While the waffle iron is preheating, mix all of the chaffle ingredients in a bowl to make the batter.
Step 2: Spray the waffle iron with cooking spray and pour some of the batter inside. Cook according to the waffle maker instructions (no more than 5 minutes usually).
Step 3: Transfer the cooked waffle onto a plate. Serve with a little butter or cream cheese, bacon, and avocado.
Tips and substitutions
- Instead of almond flour, use coconut flour and add 2 extra tablespoons.
- If you don’t have mozzarella at home, swap it for any shredded cheese that melts well. White cheddar, Monterey Jack, or ricotta will all work well.
- To prepare them ahead of time, cook the waffles as normal and store them in an airtight container in the fridge. Use them up over 4 or 5 days with your lunches or for a quick breakfast.
- To reheat chaffles, I recommend popping them in the oven, air fryer, skillet, or toaster for a few minutes to retain their crispiness. A microwave will make them soggy.
You can top these easy chaffles with any of your keto favorites. I chose to use crispy bacon slices, avocado, and chives to keep things simple, but you could use any of the following:
- Fried or scrambled eggs
- Pickled onions
- Smoked salmon
- Garlic butter
- Sliced ham
- Sauteed vegetables
- Shredded cheese
- Cilantro or parsley
More recipes to try for brunch
- Deviled Eggs with Bacon
- Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole
- Zucchini Pancakes
- Chicken Breakfast Sausages
keto waffle recipe
Keto Waffles Ingredients
- bacon cooked, for serving
- avocado for serving
- butter or cream cheese for serving
- chives for garnish
- Preheat the waffle maker. In a bowl whisk together eggs, almond flour, baking powder, garlic powder, salt and mozzarella, until everything is combined.
- Spray waffle maker with a little bit of oil, then spread 1/4 cup of batter per each waffle. Cover and cook according to the instructions of the waffle maker, about 3-5 minutes
- Carefully remove the waffles onto a plate, spread a little bit of butter or cream cheese over the top. Serve with cooked bacon, avocado slices and chives.
Q. Do YOU like this Keto Breakfast Recipe?
Let me know in the comments below, I would love to hear from you!
Thank YOU for YOUR Comment, Share & Recipe Review!