Creamy Garlic Yogurt Sauce – Make creamy and delicious sauce in under 10 minutes with a handful of simple ingredients like yogurt, fresh herbs, and aromatics. Use it as a dipping sauce or spread, or thin it out with olive oil and lemon juice and turn it into a dressing!
When YOU make Yogurt Sauce Recipe please tag us on @munchkintimeblog on Instagram, we would LOVE to see your creation!
This creamy yogurt dill sauce is one of those sauces that taste so good you want to put it on everything!
It’s what I love to dip my zucchini fritters in, but it doubles as a dip for crackers and raw veggies too!
The tangy flavors and creamy consistency of this rich sauce pair well with everything from vegetables to grilled meats.
It comes together in minutes using fresh simple ingredients, making this not only easy and delicious, but healthy too!
Ingredients for Garlic Yogurt Sauce
- Plain Yogurt: You can use regular or Greek yogurt for this recipe. Both will work, but Greek yogurt will be a bit thicker and tangier as it contains less whey. It’s up to you how thick you want your dip.
- Fresh Cilantro & Fresh Dill: Chopped herbs add so much fresh flavor to the yogurt. A combination of floral and sour tang go hand in hand.
- Minced Garlic: An aromatic that packs a flavor punch but if you don’t have fresh garlic you can swap it for garlic powder instead.
- Salt & Pepper: To taste!
How to Make Yogurt Sauce
Step 1: Wash and dry your herbs. Chop them up and peel and mince the garlic.
Step 2: Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine.
Step 3: Enjoy it! Serve this deliciously creamy cilantro yogurt sauce with zucchini fritters, as a sauce in a wrap, on the side of grilled meat, or with a mezze platter of all your favorite dippers!
Tips & Suggestions for Sauce Recipe
- Taste a little before serving. Adjust the amount of ingredients and seasoning as you go!
- If using regular yogurt, use full-fat yogurt so that it stays rich and creamy.
- Although this is a lighter, healthier alternative to something like ranch dressing or sour cream, you can certainly use sour cream instead.
- To turn it into a pourable dressing, whisk in a little olive oil and lemon juice.
- Kick up the heat a notch with a sprinkle of cayenne pepper or minced jalapeno peppers.
- If you have some feta left over from your zucchini and feta fritters, add some to this sauce! You could even add in some blue cheese chunks instead.
Ways to Use Creamy Yogurt Dill Sauce
As mentioned above, you definitely want to serve these with crispy zucchini fritters. The cool creamy sauce with the warm fritters is everything!
If you thin it out into a dressing, be sure to pour it on a Greek cucumber tomato salad instead of a traditional Greek dressing for a creamy twist!
How Long Can I Store Leftover Sauce?
Keep it stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week. Stir it before each use.
Creamy Yogurt Sauce
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons cilantro fresh, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon dill fresh, finely minced
- 1-2 glove garlic minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Serve with zucchini fritters.
Q. – Do YOU like this Creamy Yogurt Sauce Recipe?
Let us know in the comments below, we would love to hear from you!
Thank YOU for YOUR Comment, Share & Recipe Review!