Ground Beef Sandwich – Spicy beef comes together with garlic and tomato paste to make up these seasoned sandwiches with a kick! They make lunchtime exciting and pair well with almost any side dish. My Hubby created this beef recipe a week ago, we all loved it sooo much, even my kids! Now I am sharing it with you!
These loose and spicy Ground Beef Sandwiches are a savory lunchtime treat. Layered in cheese and crispy bacon, each bite is perfectly spiced and succulent. It’s an exciting twist on a Cheesy Hot Beef Sandwich and a Philly Cheesesteak!
When YOU make this Beef Sandwich Recipe, take a picture & tag @munchkintimeblog on Instagram, we would LOVE to see your creation!
Spicy serrano peppers and Montreal Spice are mixed into this beef sandwich recipe to give each bite a kick. Tomato paste and fresh garlic come to the rescue and help tone back on the spice while blending in sweet and savory flavors for extra balance. It’s an easy sandwich to customize, so make it as spicy or as mild as you like!
I love to snack on these hot beef sandwiches for lunch but they’d be filling for dinner next to Crispy Potato Wedges and Grilled Broccoli. Perfect for when you need something quick, flavorful, and easy!
Beef sandwich ingredients
These easy beef sandwiches are made with a handful of pantry-staple ingredients. The extra kick from the chili peppers makes this sandwich completely unique and delicious! This is what you need:
How to make cheesy ground beef sandwiches
Step 1: Add the ground beef, serrano pepper, spices, tomato paste, and garlic to a food processor. Pulse to blend.
Step 2: Saute the ground beef mixture in a skillet until it’s cooked through.
Step 3: Turn off the heat and stir in the shredded cheese. Once it’s melted, scoop the meat into toasted buns with bacon and enjoy!
Recipe tips and substitutions
- Roast the serrano peppers for extra flavor. Roasting them in the oven draws out their rich and deep flavors while still remaining spicy.
- To make it even spicier, add 1 extra pepper or a teaspoon of your favorite hot sauce to the food processor.
- Craving a cheeseburger filling instead? Make the beef mixture from my Cheesy Hot Beef Sandwich recipe instead.
- Top the sandwich with anything you like! I chose shredded cheese and bacon, but you could also add pickled onions, pickled jalapeno slices, sauteed peppers and onions, gravy, salsa, crushed potato chips, chives or parsley, or caramelized onions.
- To prepare the ground beef ahead of time, cook everything according to the recipe instructions, place it in an airtight container, and store in the fridge for up to 2 days. When it’s time to eat, just reheat the beef in a pan over medium heat and enjoy!
Is it too spicy?
Serrano chili peppers are just a notch above jalapeno peppers in terms of spiciness. With a Scoville heat unit between 10,000 – 23,000 SHU, they aren’t for the faint of heart!
The level of spice in the meat mixture can easily be toned down with a few adjustments. Here’s how you can make it less spicy:
- Scrape the seeds and veins from the peppers before adding them to the food processor.
- Replace the serrano peppers with jalapenos.
- Substitute the Spicy Montreal Spice with regular Montreal Spice.
This meat mixture is good in more than just sandwiches. Reheat the leftovers for breakfast and serve with eggs or add them into a pasta dish to beef up your dinner. Otherwise, piling them into a fresh bun is a delicious and easy go-to meal!
This is what I like to serve on the side of a hot beef sandwich:
More ground beef recipes
Make something hearty and delicious for dinner tonight. These ground beef recipes are easy to make and will fill you up:
Ground Beef Sandwich
- Using a food processor add ground beef, pepper, spices, garlic cloves, and tomato paste. Pulse until everything is blended.
- Add meat to the skillet and cook on medium/high heat, until meat is cooked thru about 10 minutes. Stirring few times.
- Try the meat and season with salt, to taste.
- Next, turn off the heat and stir in cheddar cheese.
- Serve over toasted buns and garnish with cooked bacon.
Q. Do YOU like this Ground Beef Recipe?
Let me know in the comments below, I would love to hear from you!
Thank YOU for YOUR Comment, Share & Recipe Review!