Cheesy Hot Beef Sandwich Recipe – This crowd-pleasing sandwich is made with stuffed cheesy bread, ground beef, and cream of mushroom sauce. It’s a saucy, savory, and delicious comfort food you can serve to the whole family.
When YOU make this Cheesy Beef Sandwich, take a picture & DM me your Food Creation on Instagram @MunchkinTimeBlog we would love to see YOUR creation!
Are you craving a delicious savory sandwich that takes almost no time to prepare? Then you have to try my Cheesy Hot Beef Sandwich Recipe! The thick ground beef filling is so creamy and full of flavor, just like a classic sloppy joe.
This sandwich is almost similar to a Philly cheesesteak sandwich or a ground beef sandwich melt. Load your hoagie bun with the Montreal steak spiced ground beef, peppers, garlic, cheese, and cream of mushroom sauce. Once it all cooks together, it turns into a kid-friendly dinner or snack.
Serve these hot and cheesy sandwiches next to my homemade Cream Of Mushroom Soup and a Vanilla Cake Pop for dessert. It’s the best comfort food that’s easy to prepare ahead of time and delicious any time of day.
Ground beef sandwich ingredients
This ground beef and cheese sandwich has everything you love about a classic sloppy joe but uses a smaller list of pantry-staple ingredients. Here’s what you need:
- Hoagie rolls
- Ground beef
- Mccormick’s Montreal Steak Spice
- Onion and garlic
- Green bell peppers
- Cream of mushroom soup
- Worcestershire sauce
- Cheddar cheese
How to Make Hot Beef Sandwiches
Step 1: Cook the ground beef and onion in a skillet with some oil. Season with Montreal Steak Spice before adding the bell pepper and garlic.
Step 2: Pour the mushroom soup and Worcestershire sauce into the mixture. Stir and cook for 5 minutes or until it thickens slightly.
Recipe tips and substitutions
- If your sandwich filling mixture is too thick, mix in a few tablespoons of milk to make it more creamy and thin.
- Drain the beef grease if there’s too much fat, or use a leaner ground beef.
- If you don’t want to make your own cream of mushroom soup, use a 10.5 oz. can of store-bought cream of mushroom soup instead.
- If you love spicy food, mix a teaspoon of sriracha into the filling or top the sandwich with pickled jalapeno slices.
- Skip the buns and mix the sandwich filling with cooked pasta for a cheesy hamburger helper copycat recipe!
- Top your sandwiches with more cheese, parsley, red pepper flakes, or cilantro.
Can this be made ahead of time?
The ground beef filling can be made a couple of days ahead of time. Just keep it in a sealed container in the fridge until you’re ready to assemble the sandwiches.
It’s also freezer-friendly! When the beef has cooled, place it in an airtight container or ziploc bag. Freeze it for up to 3 months and let it thaw completely in the fridge before reheating.
Storing and reheating leftovers
Make sure the leftovers are completely cool before you store them away. You can keep the leftover beef filling in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
To reheat, place the leftovers in a skillet over medium heat and cook until they’re warmed through. Feel free to mix in a little more milk to help it thin out.
What to serve with hot beef sandwiches
Pair these juicy sandwiches with a hot bowl of soup and a salad for a comforting and family-friendly meal:
Cheesy Beef Sandwich Recipe
- 6 hoagie rolls
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or any oil of your choice
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Mccormick's Montreal Steak Spice
- 1 green bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 1/4 cup cream of mushroom soup or 10.5 oz. can of store bought cream of mushroom soup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 cups cheddar cheese grated
- To make Beef Sandwiches, first preheat 2 tablespoons of avocado oil inside the skillet. Then, add 1 lb ground beef and 1 small chopped onion, and saute for 7-10 minutes over medium-high heat. Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of Montreal Steak Spice.
- Next, add 1 chopped bell pepper and 1 minced garlic clove to skillet. Cook for 3 minutes. Next, add 1 1/4 cup of cream of mushroom soup (I used homemade cream of mushroom soup) and 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Finally, turn off the heat and stir in 1 1/2 cups of cheddar cheese. Then, add cheesy beef mixture to the hoagie bread rolls. Serve warm with Cream of Mushroom Soup. Enjoy!
- If your sandwich filling mixture is thick add few tablespoons of milk to make it more creamy.
- Drain the beef grease if you have to much fat, or use ground beef with less fat in it.
- For spicy kick, mix in sriracha sauce into beef sandwich mixture.
Q. Do YOU like this Hot Beef Sandwich Recipe?
Let me know in the comments below, I would love to hear from you!
Thank YOU for YOUR Comment, Share & Recipe Review!
Quote of the Day
This post was updated February 26, 2021.